Once a stopover for explorer Hamilton Hume, Rose Cottage, circa 1870's, is one of the few architectural examples of the Victorian "Miner's Cottage" left in central Albury.
Open fires feature in both bedrooms and the sitting room, and whilst no longer in use, they do add to the ambient surrounds of original clay brickwork and Murray Pine flooring. The bathroom is not original but was "recently" renovated, probably back in the 1960's, and retains the pedestal hand basin, bath and small pink and blue tiling of the time, and includes hair dryer and straightening iron (not from the 1800's).
A functional kitchen adjoins the spacious living room with leather lounge and chairs, flat screen television, DVD player, and sound system and also incorporates a hideaway laundry with washer and dryer.
Quality linen can be found on comfortable King and Queen beds plus walk-in robes. There is lockup accommodation for a single car and a private leafy courtyard with Weber barbecue and setting just off the living room.
All this is a leisurely 10 minute stroll from Albury's CBD. Close enough to be a part of the action but far enough away to enjoy the quiet and well earned rest.