Here are some handy hints to ensure that your adventure on the Backroads Trail is a safe and enjoyable one:
Please call ahead!
We'd hate to miss you, so please call ahead to all the businesses you wish to visit.
- Our district contains a few unsealed and dry weather roads. Check road conditions with the local visitor information centre or call ahead before you leave. Local knowledge is the best! And the Backroads businesses will have up to date advice.
- Observe local council advisory signs and notices concerning road closures.
- Keep to or below the speed limit on dirt and gravel roads.
- Farm equipment is often transported along public roads, please be patient and when it is safe, the driver will allow you to pass.
- Look out for animals and avoid travelling at dawn, dusk and night as wildlife are active and livestock may wander.
- When you see a livestock warning sign or a mob of cattle or sheep moving down the road, slow down -animals have right of way. Never use your horn.
- Please leave a gate as you find it.
Services and Facilities
Please note some services and facilities along the Backroads Trail are limited. Please remember:
- Fuel is only available in larger communities of Barham, Mathoura, Moama, Bunnaloo or Deniliquin.
- Some parts of the trail have limited mobile phone reception and internet coverage.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Backroads Trail Homepage