Here are some handy hints to ensure that your adventure of the Backroads Trail is a safe and enjoyable one:
Please call ahead!
We'd hate to miss your visit, so please call ahead to all the businesses you wish to visit due to changes in opening hours and restrictions in place.
- Our district contains a few unsealed and dry weather roads. check road conditions with the local visitor information centre or call ahead before you leave.
- Observe local council advisory signs and notices concerning road closures
- Keep to or below the speed limited on dirt and gravel roads.
- Farm equipment is often transported along public roads, please be patient and when it is safe, the drive will allow you to pass.
- Look out for animals and avoid travelling at dawn, dusk and night as wildlife are active and live stock may wonder
- When you see a stock sign or stock, slow down -stock have right of way. Never use your horn
- Please leave a gate as you find it.
Services and Facilities
Please note some services and facilities along the Backroads Trail is limited. Please remember:
- Fule is only available in larger communities of Barham, Mathoura, Moama or Deniliquin
- Some parts of the trail have limited mobile phone reception and internet coverage.
For further information email [email protected]