arrow-down arrow-left arrow-up clock facebook globe instagram linkedin mail marker phone location tags twitter youtube

River Captains Cottage

D6471Adc36Ae73824Ef87B51E16C6B24

Contact River Captains Cottage

Learn about about the families who gave it life and hear their stories. Come and visit a rare survivor: The Captain's Cottage (circa 1870) has been home to many families, all working in connection with the hustle and bustle of the river trade near Maiden's Stock Crossing. It was most likely the residence of the river boat captains during the later part of the nineteenth century. In 1983 the cottage was even used in the filming of the telemovie All the Rivers Run.