The Long Paddock also passes through some of the most character filled villages in Australia. These little townships of between 30 and 70 people provide visitors with a glimpse of life in country communities. Make sure you stop and have a cuppa or a beer in Pretty Pine, Wanganella and Booroorban, where you will be welcomed with a smile and can get a real feel for life in the bush.
The Long Paddock is an easy drive and accessible by caravan, car or 4WD. The beauty of the Long Paddock is that visitors can come for a day, a week or a lifetime.
In the Edward River region, you’ll find five of the Long Paddock Sculptures:
- “Shod” by artist Jonathan Leahey is situated near the Visitor Information Centre in George Street
- “Cut” by artist Jonathan Leahey is located on Davidson Street
- “Smoko” by artist Geoff Hocking is located in front of the Pretty Pine Pub, a 20-minute drive from Deniliquin
- “Headless Horseman” by artist Geoff Hocking is located at the Black Swamp rest site in between Wanganella and Booroorban, about a 40-minute drive from Deniliquin
- "Reutilise" by award-winning local artist Stuart Taylor, near the Visitor Information Centre in George Street.