Morven sits beside Billabong Creek. The creek provides a vegetated wildlife corridor and pleasant outlook from the historic Round Hill Hotel, dating back to the 1850’s as a Cobb and Co Station (before the crossing of Billabong Creek). The decline of Cobb and Co came with the arrival of the railway line through Culcairn.
The original Bridge Hotel was built around 1868 and was purchased by John O’Donoghue in 1897, remaining in that family until 1959. The name was changed to the ‘Round Hill Hotel’ about this time. The hotel is still licensed and fully operational. The Morven Church (St Peter’s) was opened in 1874 and for 14 years was the only church in the district, offering both Anglican and Presbyterian services. St Peters has recently been restored by the Morven Community Committee and is still in the possession of the Anglican Church, making it the oldest in the Diocese of the Riverina. Morven Public School was built in 1906, with a new building being constructed in 1928 to accommodate 52 pupils. The school closed in 1967 at which time there were only nine pupils.